I need to take a hiatus for a few weeks. Well, clearly I’ve already been doing that. What I mean is, I need to take a hiatus for a few MORE weeks. But no worries, I’ve got something to occupy those lonely hours.
This link will take you to a live camera trained 24/7 on an enclosure containing six Golden Retriever puppies who are being trained as service dogs. As far as I’m concerned, it justifies the entire existence of the internet and I would like to personally send Al Gore a crisp new dollar bill. Any time you wish you were reading TNS, go and look at the puppies.
Or you could just come back and browse the archives. Some of that shit’s almost five years old, and you know you don’t remember it. The really old stuff is pretty awful, so proceed at your own peril.
For those of you who are concerned:
- No, I am not experiencing a bout of crazy.
- Yes, I still am gainfully employed.
- No, I am not suffering amnesia after falling off a boat, nor am I now trying to figure out when I married Kurt Russell and bore four children.
- Yes, I am still happily married.
- No, no one is sick, dead, or injured. Other than having Olympic fever, obviously.
- Yes, I am aware that I’m being a cryptic asshole. I can refer you to this post, which might flesh things out not at all.
If I know you personally or virtually, feel free to contact me in an attempt to pry out details. Everyone else, I apologize, but you’re just going to have to look at the puppies.
But don’t worry. As one of the great thespians of our age once said: I’ll be back.